1 Lower Buitengracht, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Tel: +27 (0)21 409 4000
The Southern Sun Waterfront is perfectly positioned at the entrance to the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, which offers extravagant shopping and entertainment in abundance. The hotel offers a stylish, vibrant and cosmopolitan feel with views of the majestic Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean. The central position also assures you of hassle-free access to the city centre and quick access to Cape Town’s famous beaches. Staying with us is like having the whole of Cape Town at your fingertips. With 514 deluxe rooms, 24 executive rooms, three suites and five rooms for physically challenged guests, you will find that comfort and quality are paramount for all guests. The Hotel management and staff believe that convenience and comfort go hand in hand. Whether you are visiting the Southern Sun Waterfront for business or pleasure, the Hotel staff are happy to assure you of one thing -“you certainly won’t find a hotel that is more convenient or more pleasant”. The smile you receive on your arrival will say you are at Southern Sun, and you really are welcome!
Cape Town International Airport is located 20 km’s from the hotel. The Concierge desk offers a travel agents service to assist with any amendments to travel bookings, air tickets and new reservations. The Concierge desk is manned by staff who have a wide knowledge of Cape Town and surrounds and can arrange your sightseeing and touring requirements including day tours, boat trips, airport transfers and shuttles. The Hotel is adjacent to the Cape Town International Convention Centre.
Guest Room Facilities:
Each of the comfortable air-conditioned 546 rooms on 14 floors is well appointed and has a relaxing colour scheme. The Standard smoking or non-smoking Queen rooms or Twin rooms, have a separate shower and bath with imported moisturising hair & body shampoo. There is spacious vanity area for all toiletries and cosmetics complete with a well lit mirror. A well lit workstation offers a 2 pin cell phone recharge point, modem point and good size desk to make your work space more efficient and comfortable. The international direct dial telephone with one touch dialing for 24 hour room service, housekeeping, programming your own early morning wakeup call or to receive a recorded message on the voice mail system is conveniently located at your bedside cabinet for ease of use.
Other room facilities include:
- Air conditioning
- Electronic room key system
- 24-Hour news channel
- Remote Control Colour Satellite TV
- In-room movies
- Selected radio stations
- Separate wardrobe
- Electronic Safe
- Coffee/tea making facilities
- Iron & ironing board (Available on request)
- Trouser press (Executive rooms & Suites)
- Mini bar (Executive rooms & Suites only)
Dining / Bar Facilities:
Yizani Restaurant and cigar lounge offers a relaxed atmosphere for you to enjoy our unique cuisine, that is inspired by everything local and authentically South African. Yizani simply translated in Xhosa means “Come In…Welcome”. Yizani’s is a contemporary African theme restaurant with a world class welcome. The traditional hand washing ceremony sets the scene for the experience to follow. The restaurant opens from 18H30 to 22H30.
The Continental Coffee & Cocktail Bar is the perfect spot for a cup of coffee or perhaps an evening cocktail that will leave you stirred and not shaken.
The Hotel offers its guests undeniably the best breakfast in Cape Town. Breakfast is served on weekdays from 06H30 to 10H30 and till 11H30 on weekends.
- Secretarial service (on request)
- Facsimile service available
- PC / printer service available
- Data projector subject to availability
- High speed internet access: Telkom T-Zone wireless internet access hot spots
- Self service workstation with internet connectivity
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Concierge – offers a range of services
- Laundry / valet
- Safety deposit box
- Shoe shine (on request)
- Wake-up calls
- Doctor / dentist on call
- Hospitality lounge
- Babysitting services on request
- Parking facilities: Undercover parking at nominal charge – (24 hour security)
- Pet policy – No pets permitted. Guide dogs allowed
- There are 5 rooms fully adapted for the physically challenged with wheelchair accessibility in all public areas
- An outdoor swimming pool and garden area with bar service, has a stunning view of Table Mountain and is an ideal spot for relaxing with a cool refreshing drink
- The hotel also has a complimentary fitness room which is open 24 hours a day. Each piece of “State-of-the-Art” exercise equipment has an individually controlled TV selector and volume control
- A Europcar car rental desk is situated in the foyer of the hotel